View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:20 am



Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
SSF2 Beta - General Online Mode & MGN Questions 
Author Message

Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 4:04 am
Posts: 5
Country: France (fr)
Reply with quote
I can't even login.


Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:09 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:46 am
Posts: 4
Location: in a appartmentt
Country: Philippines (ph)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Clarkalexander
Currently Playing: Whoa im playing video games
Waifu: Luigi
Reply with quote
Online is pretty stable currently
I like it man

_________________
I main the :luigi:


Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:19 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:05 am
Posts: 308
Country: Canada (ca)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: FluffyRuff
Reply with quote
I'm curious what putting input delay on high or low does.

For now, I'm getting the least lag when I have quality on minimum and choosing :yoshi: 's island and waiting room stage.

What other stages are good for 1v1 and are less laggy?

_________________
Mains: :metaknight: and :zerosuitsamus:

Practicing: :yoshi:

Image
Image


Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:46 am
Posts: 4
Location: in a appartmentt
Country: Philippines (ph)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Clarkalexander
Currently Playing: Whoa im playing video games
Waifu: Luigi
Reply with quote
darkrinorex wrote:
I'm curious what putting input delay on high or low does.


When you put input delay to high im pretty sure it delays inputs but makes the game a bit faster correct me if i'm wrong.

darkrinorex wrote:
What other stages are good for 1v1 and are less laggy?


I play SV and battlefield the most and get less lag from it
I also played dreamland and it was alright depends on your computer though

_________________
I main the :luigi:


Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:11 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:36 am
Posts: 3
Country: United States (us)
Reply with quote
Neither of my friends can login for some reason. It keeps telling them they can't connect to the server.


Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:05 am
Posts: 308
Country: Canada (ca)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: FluffyRuff
Reply with quote
(after the latest 1.02 update)

I'm now able to play 2 matches now LETS GO!!!!

THANK YOU!!!

_________________
Mains: :metaknight: and :zerosuitsamus:

Practicing: :yoshi:

Image
Image


Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:05 am
Posts: 308
Country: Canada (ca)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: FluffyRuff
Reply with quote
The glitch/bug where when you start a match (or try to), the target test symbol is still in the top left and the game just freezes so you still have to exit the game or wait for them to disconnect maybe :( .

_________________
Mains: :metaknight: and :zerosuitsamus:

Practicing: :yoshi:

Image
Image


Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:13 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:53 pm
Posts: 2
Country: United States (us)
Reply with quote
I had a question regarding input delay. Not necessarily the setting, but my actual input delay.

From the 20+ matches online I have tried, I continually get input delay of like .5 seconds. I'm not sure if it is because of my internet or where the McLeodGaming server is, but it's very difficult to play because I virtually can't tech correctly, and all my reactions/attacks are slowed.

Down: ~25 Mbps
Up: ~2 Mbps

If anyone could help me out, I would be really thankful; I've really been wanting to try out the online mode. I have latency on low and input delay on low when I host. Thanks again.


Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 5:15 am
Posts: 1947
Location: The Mcleodgaming Forums.
Country: Bangladesh (bd)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: TF2, CS:GO, SSF2 Beta.
Reply with quote
Does the max login timer really have to be that high? 10 minutes should be enough...

_________________
Image

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.


Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:05 am
Posts: 308
Country: Canada (ca)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: FluffyRuff
Reply with quote
Someone told me the bug of where when you do an online match, the target symbol shouldn't be there anymore or it goes away after. But no it's still there.

The thing I experience and think when I see the target symbol there (in most of the online matches I've tried), is that it either stays stuck there with the rest of the game frozen or is really laggy and most times, unplayable.

I really think the target sign being there is the cause for most the lag/freeze/crash w/e.

Edit: Yeah.. Lately every match I try getting into, it always appears and never loads past "3"

_________________
Mains: :metaknight: and :zerosuitsamus:

Practicing: :yoshi:

Image
Image


Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:14 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 8:44 am
Posts: 60
Location: wouldn't you like to know?
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: squirtkipfan0
Currently Playing: TF2, terraria, ssf2, fire emblem(various ones), other things
Waifu: jenny wakeman
Reply with quote
darkrinorex wrote:
Someone told me the bug of where when you do an online match, the target symbol shouldn't be there anymore or it goes away after. But no it's still there.

The thing I experience and think when I see the target symbol there (in most of the online matches I've tried), is that it either stays stuck there with the rest of the game frozen or is really laggy and most times, unplayable.

I really think the target sign being there is the cause for most the lag/freeze/crash w/e.

Edit: Yeah.. Lately every match I try getting into, it always appears and never loads past "3"
be nice to know whats causing it if anyone can clarify

_________________
Settle it IN FLASH
mains be :bandanadee: :blackmage: :tails:
like but not necessarily good as :sandbag: :lloyd: :sora:
reeeeaaaally hoping for: a PlayStation representative, shadow, lucas, a different fire emblem character(though id be lying if I said id be mad with ike), trevor Belmont(id think he would have a more reasonable moveset than simon)
Too spammable for my liking: Bomb Arrows


Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:50 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:05 am
Posts: 308
Country: Canada (ca)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: FluffyRuff
Reply with quote
squirtkipfan0 wrote:
darkrinorex wrote:
Someone told me the bug of where when you do an online match, the target symbol shouldn't be there anymore or it goes away after. But no it's still there.

The thing I experience and think when I see the target symbol there (in most of the online matches I've tried), is that it either stays stuck there with the rest of the game frozen or is really laggy and most times, unplayable.

I really think the target sign being there is the cause for most the lag/freeze/crash w/e.

Edit: Yeah.. Lately every match I try getting into, it always appears and never loads past "3"
be nice to know whats causing it if anyone can clarify


Like said before, I just think it's the target sign causing it.

Idk why or how it gets there, but it just does ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

What I finally did was, I put all quality to minimum (like most people do already), and sometimes it will still show up, but the match would actually start, but still be very laggy.

So again to answer your question, idk how or what causes the target sign to show up, but i'm just guess it has something to do with quality? I guess? LOL ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

_________________
Mains: :metaknight: and :zerosuitsamus:

Practicing: :yoshi:

Image
Image


Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:04 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:48 pm
Posts: 9
Country: Canada (ca)
MGN Username: KillerHayabusa
Currently Playing: Payday 2
Waifu: Dallas
Reply with quote
darkrinorex wrote:
squirtkipfan0 wrote:
darkrinorex wrote:
Someone told me the bug of where when you do an online match, the target symbol shouldn't be there anymore or it goes away after. But no it's still there.

The thing I experience and think when I see the target symbol there (in most of the online matches I've tried), is that it either stays stuck there with the rest of the game frozen or is really laggy and most times, unplayable.

I really think the target sign being there is the cause for most the lag/freeze/crash w/e.

Edit: Yeah.. Lately every match I try getting into, it always appears and never loads past "3"
be nice to know whats causing it if anyone can clarify


Like said before, I just think it's the target sign causing it.

Idk why or how it gets there, but it just does ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

What I finally did was, I put all quality to minimum (like most people do already), and sometimes it will still show up, but the match would actually start, but still be very laggy.

So again to answer your question, idk how or what causes the target sign to show up, but i'm just guess it has something to do with quality? I guess? LOL ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.



I haven't tried changing quality settings, however, I too am experiencing this problem. I'm trying to connect to people in the same city as me and I'm still getting connection issues. SSF2 isn't P2P, is it?

_________________
i'm trash at this game lol

add me on steam @: Sieztrzewitowski


Mains: :sonic: :sheik: :mario: :sandbag:

Learning: :sora: :metaknight:
was here since 0.6 lol


Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:25 pm
Profile
BR Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:33 pm
Posts: 1989
Country: Germany (de)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Prof. Layton series, Ace Attorney series
Reply with quote
KillerHayabusa wrote:
SSF2 isn't P2P, is it?


It is actually, provided you choose the low latency settings. The servers are just for hosting the lobbys, but after that the game established a direct P2P connection. High latency is not P2P however.

_________________
Join Team Star Flash!
Image


Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail


Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:10 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:04 am
Posts: 12
Location: Somewhere on Earth
Gender: Male
MGN Username: KingYoyo
Currently Playing: SSF2 Beta
Waifu: Cleod9
Reply with quote
Is it possible to change your username?

_________________
Smashing is good.

Mains: ImageImage Image
Secondaries: ImageImage


Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:28 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.