View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:25 am



Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
MegaSackboy's Sprite gallery! 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 3:38 pm
Posts: 151
Location: Hockeytown
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: MegaSackboy
Skype: MegaSackboy
Currently Playing: Lots of old games
Reply with quote
NinjaDude Jumping
Attachment:
ninjadude jump.png
ninjadude jump.png [ 544 Bytes | Viewed 4246 times ]

NinjaDude using Shippuga
Attachment:
File comment: An Animation with Pivot Stickfigure Animator
Shippuga.gif
Shippuga.gif [ 34.46 KiB | Viewed 4241 times ]

_________________
I really really need to change my username.

Microsoft can't count to nine, let alone ten or 720.


Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:59 pm
Profile
Reply with quote
The design isn't bad, but could use the wings on the stance


Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:52 pm
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:59 pm
Posts: 5860
Location: dont bully
Country: Argentina (ar)
Gender: Anime Girl
MGN Username: Pochi
Reply with quote
Quote:
An Animation with Pivot Stickfigure Animator

I just got a flashback

_________________
Image


TwitterAsk
Kittenpuncher wrote:
imagine having sex with a clown though
instead of a dick he just has one of those flowers that shoots water out


Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:01 pm
Posts: 1787
Location: Drawing for grades!
Country: Sri Lanka (lk)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: SageHarpuiaJDJ
Skype: SageHarpuiaJDJ
Currently Playing: The game of Life
Waifu: Beruka from Fates
Reply with quote
Hmm.

The cape or wings could use a little motion, and the blur itself really isn't that good. The inner color of the blur matches the background color, which is a no no, and the blur itself needs to be a bit more 'blurry like'. It's kinda hard to explain, but basically, the blur kinda has to get shorter when it about to end. Look at some other examples from sprite like JUS. As for the color issue, maybe make it the color of the limb or item being swept? As for the sprite itself, it's could use some work. Not to be rude or anything, but the sprite looks like an obvious edit of 8-bit Mega Man. Though I will say it is a good start to edit. Try to make it less of an edit. Shape and move the limbs a little. I don't really know a lot about 8-bit, but animating is something that I understand clearly, so I hope I can help.

Oh, one more thing, try not to use white backgrounds when creating sprites.

_________________
Link to my Sprite Stream. Schedule will return soon...


Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 3:38 pm
Posts: 151
Location: Hockeytown
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: MegaSackboy
Skype: MegaSackboy
Currently Playing: Lots of old games
Reply with quote
The Green Sage wrote:
Hmm.

The cape or wings could use a little motion, and the blur itself really isn't that good. The inner color of the blur matches the background color, which is a no no, and the blur itself needs to be a bit more 'blurry like'. It's kinda hard to explain, but basically, the blur kinda has to get shorter when it about to end. Look at some other examples from sprite like JUS. As for the color issue, maybe make it the color of the limb or item being swept? As for the sprite itself, it's could use some work. Not to be rude or anything, but the sprite looks like an obvious edit of 8-bit Mega Man. Though I will say it is a good start to edit. Try to make it less of an edit. Shape and move the limbs a little. I don't really know a lot about 8-bit, but animating is something that I understand clearly, so I hope I can help.

Oh, one more thing, try not to use white backgrounds when creating sprites.

I used transparent,but pivot requires a certain layout.
His wings could be folded out on his "Ready" stance,and he should get an edit as soon as I get My flash drive repaired

_________________
I really really need to change my username.

Microsoft can't count to nine, let alone ten or 720.


Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:42 pm
Profile
Reply with quote
The Ninja Dude character could use a larger sprite, and not just a megaman edit. Ever tried customs?


Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:58 pm
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 3:38 pm
Posts: 151
Location: Hockeytown
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: MegaSackboy
Skype: MegaSackboy
Currently Playing: Lots of old games
Reply with quote
Clubby Bear wrote:
The Ninja Dude character could use a larger sprite, and not just a megaman edit. Ever tried customs?

Yes I have tried customs before,but failed.
since my flash drive is broken,I can try to make a few custom sprites.

_________________
I really really need to change my username.

Microsoft can't count to nine, let alone ten or 720.


Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:22 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 3:38 pm
Posts: 151
Location: Hockeytown
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: MegaSackboy
Skype: MegaSackboy
Currently Playing: Lots of old games
Reply with quote
Clubby Bear wrote:
The Ninja Dude character could use a larger sprite, and not just a megaman edit. Ever tried customs?

Here is one I made today:


Attachments:
NinjaDude Idle.gif
NinjaDude Idle.gif [ 26.34 KiB | Viewed 4005 times ]

_________________
I really really need to change my username.

Microsoft can't count to nine, let alone ten or 720.
Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:31 pm
Profile
Reply with quote
MegaSackboy wrote:
Clubby Bear wrote:
The Ninja Dude character could use a larger sprite, and not just a megaman edit. Ever tried customs?

Here is one I made today:

Having only one of the legs moving makes the pose look kinda awkward, and the hair shouldn't move like that. Also, it needs more body movement


Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:06 pm
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 3:38 pm
Posts: 151
Location: Hockeytown
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: MegaSackboy
Skype: MegaSackboy
Currently Playing: Lots of old games
Reply with quote
Clubby Bear wrote:
MegaSackboy wrote:
Clubby Bear wrote:
The Ninja Dude character could use a larger sprite, and not just a megaman edit. Ever tried customs?

Here is one I made today:

Having only one of the legs moving makes the pose look kinda awkward, and the hair shouldn't move like that. Also, it needs more body movement

My paint.net erased the hair so I had to put it back and I did it wrong. I'll try a v2 later.

_________________
I really really need to change my username.

Microsoft can't count to nine, let alone ten or 720.


Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:15 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 3:38 pm
Posts: 151
Location: Hockeytown
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: MegaSackboy
Skype: MegaSackboy
Currently Playing: Lots of old games
Reply with quote
Clubby Bear wrote:
MegaSackboy wrote:
Clubby Bear wrote:
The Ninja Dude character could use a larger sprite, and not just a megaman edit. Ever tried customs?

Here is one I made today:

Having only one of the legs moving makes the pose look kinda awkward, and the hair shouldn't move like that. Also, it needs more body movement

Here is an action that I made:


Attachments:
55rmy.gif
55rmy.gif [ 39.22 KiB | Viewed 3946 times ]

_________________
I really really need to change my username.

Microsoft can't count to nine, let alone ten or 720.
Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:09 pm
Profile
Reply with quote
MegaSackboy wrote:
Clubby Bear wrote:
MegaSackboy wrote:
Clubby Bear wrote:
The Ninja Dude character could use a larger sprite, and not just a megaman edit. Ever tried customs?

Here is one I made today:

Having only one of the legs moving makes the pose look kinda awkward, and the hair shouldn't move like that. Also, it needs more body movement

Here is an action that I made:

It's a good start, but when it blasts something that big, wouldn't they move back at least a bit? Also, he doesn't blink in that one, and it all-in-all seems a bit awkward. When animating, you should use a smooth transition. Also, there's a slow part, which isn't good when animating.


Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:28 pm
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 3:38 pm
Posts: 151
Location: Hockeytown
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: MegaSackboy
Skype: MegaSackboy
Currently Playing: Lots of old games
Reply with quote
Clubby Bear wrote:
MegaSackboy wrote:
Clubby Bear wrote:
MegaSackboy wrote:
Clubby Bear wrote:
The Ninja Dude character could use a larger sprite, and not just a megaman edit. Ever tried customs?

Here is one I made today:

Having only one of the legs moving makes the pose look kinda awkward, and the hair shouldn't move like that. Also, it needs more body movement

Here is an action that I made:

It's a good start, but when it blasts something that big, wouldn't they move back at least a bit? Also, he doesn't blink in that one, and it all-in-all seems a bit awkward. When animating, you should use a smooth transition. Also, there's a slow part, which isn't good when animating.

Yeah,I should have Moved the Blast 4 pixels per frame,rather than one,and NinjaDude should move back,like Megaman using a Charge Shot in SSF2(a game on this website)

_________________
I really really need to change my username.

Microsoft can't count to nine, let alone ten or 720.


Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:31 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 3:38 pm
Posts: 151
Location: Hockeytown
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: MegaSackboy
Skype: MegaSackboy
Currently Playing: Lots of old games
Reply with quote
A Version in Mother 3 Style for a game I'm making(this only used a base made by members of another Forums)


Attachments:
NinjaDude Mother 3 Style.png
NinjaDude Mother 3 Style.png [ 1.33 KiB | Viewed 3756 times ]

_________________
I really really need to change my username.

Microsoft can't count to nine, let alone ten or 720.
Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:40 am
Profile
Reply with quote
MegaSackboy wrote:
A Version in Mother 3 Style for a game I'm making(this only used a base made by members of another Forums)

1. If you use another person's work to edit, give credit
2. The colors on the pants are a bit to bright imo, and the hair line isn't necessary


Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:13 pm
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.