View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:06 pm



Reply to topic  [ 733 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Style Progress ft. Commissions Open! 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:01 am
Posts: 1310
Location: someplace where the kangaroos run wild
Country: Australia (au)
Gender: Male
Waifu: your dad
Reply with quote
those are very, very cool! i love their designs and you can really see the effort you put into the thought process!
not too mention these sprites look great as well, very appealing to the eye.

im looking forward to seeing more!
by the way i haven't forgotten about drawing that mage sprite you made, i've just had a lot on my plate recently, you should see it soon though! : )

_________________


Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:04 pm
Posts: 120
Country: United States (us)
Reply with quote
They all look the same because they have the same posture in a lot of the standing positions.

You can't have them all slouch their shoulders. Mess with minute details such as this to make a character different.


Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 6:55 pm
Posts: 914
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
Reply with quote
LyokoBlight wrote:
those are very, very cool! i love their designs and you can really see the effort you put into the thought process!
not too mention these sprites look great as well, very appealing to the eye.

im looking forward to seeing more!
by the way i haven't forgotten about drawing that mage sprite you made, i've just had a lot on my plate recently, you should see it soon though! : )


Thanks. It's nice to know such a long term project turned out well.

I actually envisioned the one you're talking about as a super futuristic lady, but it's interesting you got mage out of that. Can't wait to see it!

kidicarus29 wrote:
They all look the same because they have the same posture in a lot of the standing positions.

You can't have them all slouch their shoulders. Mess with minute details such as this to make a character different.



Yeah, original posing is definitely not one of my strong suits. I'll buff them up a bit and maybe make new sprites altogether for a few. I definitely want Marshall to be a bit broader/larger for one.

_________________
Image

Commission info - http://reiforce.deviantart.com/journal/


Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 6:55 pm
Posts: 914
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
Reply with quote
Image

Felt like designing a blacksmith workshop, so watched a bunch of Man at Arms and came up with this.

_________________
Image

Commission info - http://reiforce.deviantart.com/journal/


Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:15 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:38 pm
Posts: 52
Reply with quote
so awesome x-x
add shading :3 i want to see how it looks like with it -x


Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 6:55 pm
Posts: 914
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
Reply with quote
Blanermonster wrote:
so awesome x-x
add shading :3 i want to see how it looks like with it -x



This was more of just a quick thing to mess with around with design, so I don't think I'll shade it anytime soon. I may go back on it some day or maybe make a new one. This was also a bit of character/world building, so I had thought of doing more for different characters, so I might shade those ones.




Anyway, sick ice combos.
Image

_________________
Image

Commission info - http://reiforce.deviantart.com/journal/


Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:41 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:38 pm
Posts: 52
Reply with quote
that animation...so...oh yess x-x


Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 6:55 pm
Posts: 914
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
Reply with quote
Image

Another Throne style pic where I practice having more than two shades and a pose that isn't casual slouch.

The Fallen Angel, Azazel the Scapegoat.

According to the Bible, Azazel is associated with the sacrificing of goats, and taught men the ways of crafting armor, swords and cosmetics before being bound and thrown into darkness.

_________________
Image

Commission info - http://reiforce.deviantart.com/journal/


Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:34 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 6:55 pm
Posts: 914
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
Reply with quote
Image

Shame and Sacrifice, False God Moloch.


Process and evolution outline here:
http://wayofthepixel.net/index.php?topic=18793.0


Originally messing around with design and interpretation, but evolved into basically a study on how to shade metal. I'm pleased with the final result, even if it is far too cool of a design for what basically amounts to what, in universe, is a total jobber.

A minotaur like creature made of bronze, modeled after Moloch's association with a Brazen Bull, a sacrificial torture instrument. The glowing parts are different 'ports' spewing fire, with the main seven being similar to furnaces.

_________________
Image

Commission info - http://reiforce.deviantart.com/journal/


Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:55 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:16 pm
Posts: 12503
Location: Logical Battleground of drug addicts and sorcery.
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
Waifu: The Holy Spirit rlly
Reply with quote
that's totally the blacksmith's shop from that desert city in runescape
don't lie

_________________
Meow
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ


Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 6:55 pm
Posts: 914
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
Reply with quote
Kittenpuncher wrote:
that's totally the blacksmith's shop from that desert city in runescape
don't lie


Nope. Just looked a number of reference photos/videos of blacksmith workshops and placed them.

Never even played Runescape.

_________________
Image

Commission info - http://reiforce.deviantart.com/journal/


Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:54 pm
Posts: 1713
Location: Everywhere
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
MGN Username: God-sama
Currently Playing: Minecraft, SMBX , Kirby Dreamland thingy.
Reply with quote
Reix wrote:
[ Image ]

Shame and Sacrifice, False God Moloch.


Process and evolution outline here:
http://wayofthepixel.net/index.php?topic=18793.0


Originally messing around with design and interpretation, but evolved into basically a study on how to shade metal. I'm pleased with the final result, even if it is far too cool of a design for what basically amounts to what, in universe, is a total jobber.

A minotaur like creature made of bronze, modeled after Moloch's association with a Brazen Bull, a sacrificial torture instrument. The glowing parts are different 'ports' spewing fire, with the main seven being similar to furnaces.

You're spriting is getting alot better dude, I can't wait to see more unique stuff from you dude.

Keep it up buddy.

_________________
Image
Join the official anime club today!
for ssf2
Lukepi wrote:
read my post in your thread after i locked it.

i'm done. if you send me another PM with a sarcastic s#%$& attitude i'm banning you for 3 days.

go ahead and test me. see what happens.

;)


Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:23 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 6:55 pm
Posts: 914
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
Reply with quote
Tsu wrote:
Reix wrote:
[ Image ]

Shame and Sacrifice, False God Moloch.


Process and evolution outline here:
http://wayofthepixel.net/index.php?topic=18793.0


Originally messing around with design and interpretation, but evolved into basically a study on how to shade metal. I'm pleased with the final result, even if it is far too cool of a design for what basically amounts to what, in universe, is a total jobber.

A minotaur like creature made of bronze, modeled after Moloch's association with a Brazen Bull, a sacrificial torture instrument. The glowing parts are different 'ports' spewing fire, with the main seven being similar to furnaces.

You're spriting is getting alot better dude, I can't wait to see more unique stuff from you dude.

Keep it up buddy.



That one took quite a bit of help, but thanks. I want to start branching out a bit more than what I've been doing recently.



One such project is the following:
Image
A Paul Robertson inspired character based on an idea I had with a friend that's a man carving and suplexing his way through ghosts while holding a dakimakura.
Based heavily on the Scott Pilgrim game, more specifically Stephen and a bit of Roxy.

_________________
Image

Commission info - http://reiforce.deviantart.com/journal/


Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:19 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 6:55 pm
Posts: 914
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
Reply with quote
Image

Bluh, I need to update my signature...

Made another unified set of these guys' sprites because man do I like making unified sets of these guys' sprites.


More of a clean up of the designs/old sprites, but in addition to everybody getting a touch up and some a few minor additions, Jaunt and Shaw got completely new outfits, though Shaw's probably isn't final.

_________________
Image

Commission info - http://reiforce.deviantart.com/journal/


Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:31 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 6:55 pm
Posts: 914
Country: United States (us)
Gender: Male
Reply with quote
Image

Updated the Super Time Force style sprites in my signature.

Image

And some play with style. Some kind of old style detective guy, only using three colors. Wanted to play with design and hard limitations.

_________________
Image

Commission info - http://reiforce.deviantart.com/journal/


Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:09 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 733 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.