View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 4758 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 318  Next
SSF2 General Discussion [v0.9] 
Site Admin

Here is where you discuss the current demo, 0.9, in all of it's entirety.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:22 am
Profile WWW

First

I love the new mechanics, it's a lot closer to brawl and such now. New maps are fun, I'm very glad to have Zelda and Shiek. The events were fun, except for the last one. Event 10 was so annoying, probably because I'm no good with mario, but I digress.

Are there any unlockable stages like in v .8b, or is everything there already?

Avatar by me and Subieko for an old project

Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:35 pm

so now we have Castle Siege but no Fire Emblem characters. Time to put Marth or Ephraim (fe8) in!

Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:11 pm

Loving the new demo. Great job and Thank you all of you awesome devs. The new AI is awesome. Also, for people trying to figure out how to unlock jigglypuff, you need to beat all of the events. Event 10 is sooo fun.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:26 pm

Currently Playing: with my senpai
The camera is visibly better, I believe. I had no problems with it before, but it seems more......stable.
The stages blew my mind, with all the new crazy hazards like in the 3DS stage.
I really like how nicely the characters flow, and the CPU's seem more challenging and worthy.
I haven't played the events yet, cause I've been just playing regular versus, looking at how lovely the new mechanics are.
The new intro just made me say "WOW". It brought back some memories~
The menu music is so orgasmic it's not even funny. I'm actually humming the tune in my head right now.

I could go on forever about how amazing this new demo is, but I feel you guys know already. I can only give props to the devs.

Image Image Image
3DS FC: 4270-1738-9364

oh mio my

Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:37 pm
Profile WWW

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
So, I have something to say about 3DS.

So far, it's a nice stage. I like the concept, and I like the game options almost as much. But y'know, I can't help but feel like the game selection could be improved on. Bit.Trip Saga? Awesome. Mutant Mudds? Arguably moreso. VVVVVV? Cool, although I found it just a lil' too easy to die when the game ends and I find myself still under the 3DS. But Tetris feels like the weakest game of the lot. Not only because of the stage's gameplay itself, but because of the game itself. As far as games on the 3DS go, Tetris Axis doesn't feel as important to the library. It hardly had the impact as it had on the DS, and the concept of Tetris itself feels held back in the days of 2D. Plus, it just doesn't feel like that fun of a stage hazard.

tl;dr I think there are better games you could use than Tetris. With that in mind, I've browsed the 3DS library, and come up with a few other games you could use.

- Pushmo/Crashmo (My number one contender for getting rid of Tetris. Place a large sprite of retro Link on the stage, and have different pixel groups come out to be used as platforms)
- 3D Classics Series (A collection of retro game characters, like Excitebikes or Kid Icarus enemies)
- Mii Plaza/Find Mii (Miis randomly teleport in with sword and shield and cast magic before disappearing. The special Mii Nikki could appear rarely in 1.0, and spawn a trophy or whatever before disappearing)
- Swapnote (Remember Pictochat in Brawl? Kinda like that)
- Pilotwings Resort (Can't be too hard to do something with planes as a stage hazard. Alternatively, a stage based on Wuhu Island. I know the stage roster has been decided already, but *shrug*)
- Ketzal's Corridors (Reverse Tetris; large walls with small gaps fall from the sky, or slide past from the side, and you need to be in those gaps)
- Dillon's Rolling Western (Basically, turrets pop out of the ground and shoot at the players)
- Mighty Switch Force (Platforms pop in and out of the background. Feels a little too much like the Pushmo idea)
- Dinosaur Office/Nintendo Video (Maybe I'm joking about dedicating an entire stage hazard to Dinosaur Office. Maybe I'm not. WHO KNOWS)

I know I ultimately have no control over what happens, and I'm aware I might get warned for making stage requests, but I stand firm to my suggestions. These games are more iconic to the 3DS library than Tetris is, and have the potential to be much more interesting hazards in the 3DS stage. My personal vote goes to Pushmo; that game and the 3DS go together like potatoes and gravy.

*If anyone asks, yes, I posted this in the 0.8b topic, before this one was unlocked. But that topic was trashed right after I posted, so whatevs.*

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:49 pm

Currently Playing: Record of Agarest War 2 (First Generation)
To be honest, my thoughts about this demo are kind of mixed. But I'll ask about some things if they don't seem finished to me.

Characters seem to fly at ridiculous speeds, almost like SSF1. I mean, like, at 70%. This made event match 10 much harder than it needed to be imho. Hell, sometimes my opponents teleported and got KO'd randomly (Link fell through FD once.).
The palette swaps are okay on some characters (Sonic, Pikachu, Yoshi, etc.) but the human characters look really bad, but is this just temporary? Or are hues the only possibility, instead of palette swaps? Just curious on this one. Lloyd's skin becomes lulzy.
The AI seems to survive the most devastating attacks and then does some combos that are just insane, beating Fox in the event match took me a few tries because he survived some powerful attacks.
Smash attacks are hard to execute from what I see, I couldn't do a successful one often and it constantly screwed me up. :v And some attacks like Double Demon Fang are pretty strange to execute at first, but I suppose this one can be overlooked since this is just an "at first" thing.
Event Match 10 wasn't really fun in my opinion, it was really aggravating and I had to exploit the AI in order to win. ..And I was forced to be Mario which.. isn't.. great to me. The Final Battle from Brawl had you select your character which made it much more possible.
Some attacks are ridiculously strong when it comes to knockback and others barely do anything. It's really strange and awkward. I mean, I can understand some moves like Sonic Thrust, but others were just.. strangely powerful out of nowhere. Spamming Link's up-B is basically instant win.

The content side was really heavy though and that was great; new characters and stages were above-the-top and the fact we got another target smash, event matches, and a transformation with Zelda is great. The stages are visually appealing and some references were nice to get (The Great Fox in Meteo Voyage). Not really going in-depth because the things are similar anyway (stages, characters, etc.).

inb4 b$%&#

TerminX wrote:
rex wrote:
who shall i talk to about pokemon now

You can still PM me dude

Yeah or Kuro but that guy turns Pokemon up to 11

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:08 pm
Profile YIM

So what is everyone's favorite color change so far? I am loving that green meta knight with the pink sword.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:52 pm

Currently Playing: Project M. Nobody can beat my Ike.
Green Kirby is BAAAAAACK!
and the dark Link

v10 MG

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Currently Playing: Tales of Graces(Wii)/Twinkle Queen(Wii)
Wow... I become very unskilled in V0.9 Only character I am good to use is Naruto. And I was not good to use Naruto after V0.7 lol

I have one question.

There is version number on bottom right of play screen. If there is new update, person is download manually from McLeod website to update? Or SSF2 is update alone and restart with new update? I did not not know full meaning how update worked in recent site post.

Last edited by Maboroshi no X on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:14 pm

Location: ...Beneath the high tide centrifuse covered and hidden under the bermuda complex
Currently Playing: with my ****
I agree with ^Kuro kagami
...to some extent.
Idk what it is (Lying, Yeah I do), but something about the character balancing make the game feel linear. (for lack of better terms)
Individual movesets outside of naruto, sonic and bomberman(who i love) don't feel unique anymore.
It feels like everyone is basically doing the same s#%$&, just a different animation.

I see the hard work put into it... I mean this game is incredibly fun, loaded with allot of content, beautiful aesthetically, *somewhat*innovative
and when it comes on to certain aspects I can easily tell a lot of creative thought was put into the production of the particular detail.
-Physics feel awesome.
-Game feels original, I sense the stray from the original SSB series as a whole (not so much towards gameplay although)
-Music and sound effects are amazing... (some loops aren't clean and unnoticable though but its a demo so w/e)
-Stages are mesmerizing

However...
pertaining to gameplay, eh...
I'm afraid the life of the v0.9 might be questionable.
there is a lot less to discover regarding individual movesets...that is disapointing regarding you guys where going for the "Lets make
the characters Feel more native to their original game" feel... Kinda like what PSASBR has done.
V.8 made my mouth water... you guys introduced so many aspects that might have guaranteed the games prosperity...
introducing the linked artes, Soras playstyle*, Ichigos moveset, Goku, BLACKMAGEOMFG and more.
but you guys went back in time with that...I mean sora can K.O. at 90%... (this is not refering to strength of character/tiers or whatever)

Still a console quality game, has the potential to be a good console quality game although
last but not least I have serious problems regarding two characters also..
Sora... Obviously over powered and sigh* still feels generic as f#%$& (the mitsurugi effect) and Lloyd is basically.... ass. you can effectively K.O. him at percents around 65% with a basic character.... he isnt a glass cannon.... hes a glass BB gun

M and M:Road 2 MK pt1.
YouTube Video:

Tails tech vid: Those ATs man
YouTube Video:

GM

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:15 pm

Location: That Little Place in Your Head You Don't Know About
I also noticed that the music doesn't loop correctly like it used to anymore. Is this temporary or did something happen to cause this?

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:21 pm

Currently Playing: Record of Agarest War 2 (First Generation)
Oh, yeah, I also agree with Maelstrom about the Lloyd thing. He doesn't feel like Lloyd anymore. I can't execute Tiger Blade and it now feels like the second half of Sword Rain: Alpha.
A lot of content was also removed, like the recovery platforms for a lot of characters (I liked those..) and plenty of stages, some which I would have personally loved to see finished like Temple of Time.
To be honest, this kind of feels like what Skyward Sword was to Zelda. It isn't really itself anymore imho.

TerminX wrote:
rex wrote:
who shall i talk to about pokemon now

You can still PM me dude

Yeah or Kuro but that guy turns Pokemon up to 11

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:28 pm
Profile YIM

event 9 is too slow

needs to be faster

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:31 pm
Profile WWW

Hey guys, why is the knockback super ridiculous in v0.9?

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4758 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 318  Next